Published: May 2014
Who (in order of appearance): Lawyer, statesman, and humanist St. Thomas More (1478–1535), eight feet tall, bronze. In his hand, wrapped for transport, he holds a palm frond symbolizing his martyrdom. • Bolivian-born sculptor Pablo Eduardo (in brown shirt), who also created the statue of St. Ignatius in front of Higgins Hall on Middle Campus. • University President William P. Leahy, SJ (in maroon baseball cap).
Where: Garden outside the Law Library, on Newton Campus.
When: September 23, 2013.
The sculpture is a gift of the Privitera family, which includes three graduates of the Law School, Francis D. ’56, Francis D. Jr. ’95, and Philip ’95. A dedication ceremony took place May 2, 2014.